Thinking of formatting your dell laptop without CD? If yes, it is time to format the hard drive. Apparently the Windows operating system is shipped with a disc for system recovery, but the disc does not always remain intact in many cases. The solution? You can format your Dell laptop even without the System Recovery disc. The only prerequisite in doing that is knowing the right commands to access the laptop’s Factory Restore feature.
To format Dell laptop without CD, follow these steps:
- Restart your laptop by using commands in this order: Start> Shutdown> Restart. Ensure to save any crucial data or work before shutting down the system.
- Press the F8 key once the laptop has restarted.
- Press the Down Arrow key.
- Scroll down to Repair Your Computer option.
- Press the ENTER key.
- Select the preferred language and provide admin rights to operate by clicking OK.
- Select the Dell Factory Image Restore option from the given options.
- Press Next.
- Click Yes to format the hard drive and restore the system software to factory conditions.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish once the Factory Restore has completed.
The machine will be restarted and Windows will be loaded.
For more information, call on Dell laptop phone number.